Monday 27 December 2010

Some more British



I've managed to finish another half dozen British this month so I am progressing, albeit slowly and I have lost my fear of these figures.  Sometimes, when figures are very complex or detailed (as is the case, often, with Perry figures) I actually put off painting them.  Despite having finished a few of these I was starting to think about these like that.  The real issue is often between painting the initial "test" figure, on which I usually lavish a lot more time, and the rank and file.  However, in this case I am pretty happy with them and I think they look OK.  My main worry has been how to do the stained helmets but I have dealt with these by actually painting them white and...well...staining them, with a Citadel wash, Gryphonne sepia. 

I have another half dozen or so started now so will try to move these along a bit.  I have also now started the necessary Zulus to finish my second unit and will do those in tandem with the Darkest Africa askari, as they share a lot of colours.

I'm going to have to start thinking about how to organise the British and what units they will represent.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice mate. You should be proud of the paint job. I know what you mean about being "daunted" by some figures and the complexity of the paint job required to do them justice.

    Cheers,
    Millsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are excellent figures, LH, very well painted. The staining effect works a treat. The basing too is spot on - it really captures the look of SA.

    Best wishes

    Giles

    ReplyDelete